There are many reasons why people love to keep pets. Besides being an animal lover, having pets around serves a person’s need to cherish, love or find a companion to fight boredom. They make socializing easier and most of all they are known to improve your health. It is well-known fact that having a cat around lowers your stress, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
But, keeping a pet comes with its own set of problems like cleaning of pet dander, pet hair or even dealing with odours and smells. To deal with these problems, the best air purifier in India is the best bet. Let us see few reasons why every pet owner should invest in a good quality air purifier.
- Pet Dander: Pets like dogs, cats, guinea pigs, ferrets, hamsters, and even birds shed tiny flecks of skin along with hair, fur or feathers. This, when accumulated, results in sneezing or feeling itchy and for some people, it can also lead to trouble in breathing. A study suggests that in the US alone some 50 million people have nasal allergies, which include 40% of children and 30% of adults. A big reason for this allergy is pet dander. Getting an air purifier with a HEPA filter will remove 99.97% of the allergens present in air and that too as small as 0.3 microns, which include pet dander. It sucks and traps the dander particles in the filter and does not allow them to escape back into the air.
- Pet Hair: Pet hair or fur has no allergic reaction associated with it, but as they tend to collect in clumps they often look messy. They can settle on the furniture or you see them in clumps on the floor; both are unappealing sights. Use an air purifier to get rid of it and make your floor and furniture look and feel clean.
- Prone to Allergies: Data suggests that one in five people suffer from asthma-related symptoms. If there’s someone at home who is allergic to pets or has some sort of asthmatic problem, then breathing in pet dander or pet hair can trigger their symptoms. As your pet ages, the problem of pet dander gets worse. Hence, investing in a good air purifier is a must.
- Pet Odours: This problem is more pronounced if the pets predominantly stay indoors as in the case of cats, birds, potbelly pigs and gerbils. Though cats roam around in the house, the others are mostly in cages. Even if you clean them regularly, there is a certain unpleasant smell that keeps lingering over. An air purifier can help in getting rid of this smell as it has an inbuilt carbon filter that neutralizes the pet odours making the home feel and smell fresh.
- Smells From Outdoor Environments: Some pets like dogs are notorious for bringing in smells from outside. This happens when you take them out for their regular walks. The carbon filters in the air purifier, which are made of millions of microscopic pores that soak these smells like a sponge when the air passes through it. This is a permanent remedy and not the one that you achieve by aerosol sprays and scented candles.
Going through all these reasons, it seems like an air purifier is a must-have appliance for pet owners.