Mostly, knees tend to lose its flexibility as result of the advancement of injuries or aging. For this reason, it becomes painful especially while bending, thus extended mobility becomes limited. The pain might even persist when a cartilage within both knees continuous to wears with age.
The worst condition of a knee joint and around the cartilage cause difficulties while moving, hence hindering the performance of daily activities. If no effective action is taken regarding the condition, it gets worse and become more complicated and painful.
Since knee is among the most complex joints and also body’s crucial joint, you need to read more about complications of knee pain. Also, it connects the most vital parts of the body such as thigh bone also known as a femur, and shin bone also identified as the tibia. The small bone that connects the kneecap and tibia are the bones that combine to make knee joint. The cartilage and ligaments that connect the knee offering stability on the knee are identified as;
- Anterior-Cruciate-Ligaments (ACL) and Posterior-Cruciate-Ligament (PCL) that prevents a femur from moving forward and backward on the tibia.
- The Medial-Collateral ligaments (MCL) and Lateral-Collateral-Ligaments (LCL) preventing the femur from shifting one side to the other.
- C-shaped cartilage pieces are named as the lateral menisci and media which act as shock absorbers between the tibia and femur.
Causes of Knee pain
Knee pain can result from numerous causes and the most common causes are:
- Excessive sport exercises
- Degeneration and Arthritis
- Knee injury
Since people are normally active in exercises and sports, the knee will continuously bend and overstretch as demanded. Thus knee joint could result in pain. In addition, if you ever had an injured knee, you can still feel pain even after many years have passed. Hence, you should see the specialist confirm if you have injured your knee.
Symptoms of common knee pains
Cases of knee pain are very common in most societies and it comes with of various symptoms. Therefore, it is important to read more read about complications of knee pain. Here are most common knee symptoms:
- Pain when you pressure to exert on the knee
If you are finding a hard time while walking, running, or climbing upstairs that means the pain is getting worse and it might be a joint pain, then you will have to visit a specialist.
Complications of knee pains
In case you are experiencing the following complications, you will have to visit the emergency room.
- You having fever
- Part of the knees is warm and reddish
- You have intolerable pain
- You are incapable of walking properly
You should also visit your doctor if your knee has some infections, swelling, and pains. Also try to read more about complications of knee pain so as to learn about the symptoms, causes, and treatment.